Monday, December 11, 2006

JUST President's meeting

December 11th, 2006 held a frineldy meeting with the Dr. Wajeeh Owais, the president of JUST

  • I would like to express my deep respct to the way the president raised the issues that concerned us all, and the way he handled the different views. After all, he is truly an extreme listener.
  • I have no doubt that he meant what he said regarding the points; hopes and fears, expressed by the faculty members.
  • I was thrilled by his courage in talking about closing and opening departments to meet the markets (both the national and regional level), his vision to the future, his way of telling us how to educate before we teach, and .....
  • I was so happy that he convyed his guests opinion that they liked our graduates although we always (as a way to improve) try to present ourselves as being less than what we hope for.
  • I also found we have much in common; especially when he said I used to go to my lectures with love and eagerness, when he spoke bad of the professors who still use the old yellowish books and notes in the classrooms .
  • I hope all the future meetings will be just as good if not better.

No comments: