Saturday, March 29, 2008

UAH ! I missed you

I missed my school; 12 years ago I left the University of Alabama in Huntsville after 6 years of peaceful and happy life with my family, where I received my M.S. and Ph.D. degrees. As a space grant college, UAH has always been granted generous support from NASA, SDI, DARPA, Boeing and many other high tech organizations and institutions.

The picture shows UAH undergraduate students float in a microgravity environment aboard a NASA DC-9 aircraft over the Gulf of Mexico. UAH is one of a handful of universities that sends student teams to conduct experiments in a zero gravity environment. The plane performs parabolic maneuvers at 35,000 feet above sea level, creating 20 or 25 seconds of weightlessness.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is Teseng Ho, remember the SUN lab ? ... how is it in Jordan ? have you been to the states since then ?

Dr. Taisir Eldos said...

Hi Tseng, you dont know how to rite your name man ? Yes, I have been to the states but far a way friom where we lived those days; Hawaii ... a great place, but soon will be visiting teh states briefly. So, how about you ? send email instead of comments please

Anonymous said...

You have not changed a bit, critical like hell, but you have made many typos too ..., I sure will stay in touch

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the stay in Huntsville for 4 years starting 1997, I liked it too and liked UAH alot. My name is John Watikson from Finland

Anonymous said...

I am kind of shy to say this, but I feel I have to. I like your personality, you are a perfect professor, a descent man, classic and yet with modern and fashionable sense, although you are easy to make mad

Dr. Taisir Eldos said...

Last one is true most of teh time; just cannot help it sometimes! do you have a fix for that?

Anonymous said...

just take it easy doctor, nothing is worth your anger, i am so happy that you made a comment fast, are you oneline or how?

Dr. Taisir Eldos said...

hi Noura, how are you? are you still with us? regarding acting fast, my blog host sends me an email the monment somebody posts a comment, and that is how I act fast (if I want to, of course)

Anonymous said...

No doctor, not any more, I got married to an anginee who works for Nokia. I live in Finland now.

Anonymous said...

sorry, I mean an "engineer"

Dr. Taisir Eldos said...

And dont tell me Noura is a real name, as I dont recall, how about Noor?

Anonymous said...

No doctor, this is my name and it is a real one, you seem to have forgotten me, well I was not an average student with a low profile

Dr. Taisir Eldos said...

welcome Noura, wish you teh best